2018 SCARECROW SHOOTOUT (GIRLS)
2 Divisions for Grades: 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th (Girls)
October 27th: 4th and 5th
October 28th: 6th and 7th
$1,200 Per Team
2018 SCARECROW SHOOTOUT
Rules and Information
Penalties and Safety
- ABSOLUTELY no hitting from behind, whether it's on the boards or in the open floor. It will not be tolerated.
- Box Lacrosse picks are allowed, but any aggressive picks, or cross-checks will result in a change of poison and/or two minute penalty
- Cross-checking is allowed, but it should be done in a "push" fashion, meaning that you can place and steer a player. Any cross-check that is deemed unnecessary and jarring will result in a penalty.
- Off ball interference will be called tightly. Please let your players know that they should focus on playing the ball, rather than taking the man.
- All penalties will be two minutes served (unnecessary interference, hits in the back, cross-checks). Five minute penalties will be given for "boarding" against the boards, unnecessary roughness or aggressive high hits. The referees have the ability to eject a player if they believe the play was done with intent to injure.
- Any fighting will result in ejection from the game. No questions asked.
In Game Rules
- 30 second shot clock on all possessions once possession is gained
- Resets on the clock will only happen on shots that hit the post or go off the goalkeeper
- No contacts with the goalies stick is allowed when it is in the crease. It will result in a two minute penalty
- Face-off players are not allowed to clamp
- Over and back is only called on the penalty killing team
- One 30 SECOND timeout (stopped clock) per team
- Games ending in tie in the Round Robin contests will count for one point (no shootout)
- Playoff games ending in a tie will go to a THREE person shootout.
- Championship games ending in a tie will go to a three minute "sudden death" OT